Monday, June 29, 2009

See Jessy Run

Well more like Jog slowly...

Since the Physical Therapist said that I could try "jog/walking" whatever that means, Saturday I put on my running shoes got the dog leash and went out.

I did stretch a lot and put on my compression wrap to make sure that I would be ok. I was able to get around the block (1.5 miles) without stopping to walk (except to pick up and throw away dog poop) and without real pain! I was so excited! So of course again today at bootcamp I had to try!

At bootcamp I was able to get around the parking lot without pain. I was jogging with my mom which was slower than I normally do but I wanted to make sure that I was not going to push to much!

So it looks like I might be able to start working towards that 5k again!!! Slowly is the key! I need to remember not to push myself yet I am still healing and working towards stronger legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment