Monday, July 13, 2009

Back on My Feet

I am so excited everyday last week except Sunday I was able to go out and "run." It's more like slowly jogging but it feels so good to be able to do something.

Since it is so hot lately I have been going over to Huntington central park. It's really beautiful and there is shade on most of the paths. I brought Daytona (my dog) all of the days except Friday. She is still not able to run as much as I would like to so I end up dragging her after about 1/3 mile. I am just going to keep taking her. She needs to learn to run more.

On Saturday I got dressed and put shoes on. Right as I was getting the dog ready to go my parents arrived home from their bike ride. With a little coaxing I was able to get them out and jogging with me. It was amazing how much more Daytona ran with everyone there with me.

I do have to say running is not as bad as it was my the first week. Slowly my body is getting use to it and I am starting to enjoy it. I know scary thought but it's true. Although by the end i pushing myself to finish the last little bit and can barely breath when I finish.

My leg for the moment as long as I am wearing my hamstring wrap is feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment