Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jogging class

So i have been in this jogging class at school! It's not to bad! I wasn't sure exactly what to expect but i do think it is making me stronger in a way! especially since lately I have been to tired to want to get up and run, this class has forced me to do it anyway and push myself to do it.

We run between a mile and 2 miles ever class which is Mondays and Wednesdays at 7am

This Monday we ran another timed mile. I was trying not to get the best time a could while still beat the time i got on the last one (9.15). I was really shooting for about 9.0 minutes of course I can't ever hit what I want to and ended up getting a 8.24 which actually kind of surprised me that I could do a mile that fast and still think i could go faster! I'm actually kind of excited!

today we ran a timed 2 mile I was able to get 17.47 which isn't to bad i am actually pretty shocked now that I look at it that just a year ago I could not even run a full mile straight and now I am trying to slow myself down. Kinda cool!!

My leg hasn't been hurting at all thankfully! the only time it hurts now is if I try and sprint so I just don't do that :)

I am signed up for the Irvine Mud run on April 24Th with my friend Jake and my parents. So I need to keep up the training to make sure that I will be able to do the 5k in the mud! I am pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment